Ad

Dolphy

In Memoriam

They said, "Laughter is the best medicine". I totally agree with them. I am proud that I am one of the Filipinos that acquire the trait to laugh problems off.

I already gave tributes to some of the greatest Pinoy comedians. You can check out my articles on Vic Sotto, Rene Requiestas and Palito.

For this entry, I am gonna pay homage to the Philippines' one and only King of Comedy. Only a non-Filipino will be unable to know him. I have been a fan him since I was a kid and he is one of Filipinos I admire. So without further introduction, here he is...


Rodolfo Vera Quizon
"Dolphy"
1928 - 2012

Rodolfo Vera Quizon, more popularly known as Dolphy. He is known to be the father and king of Philippine comedy. With the long list of movies and shows under his belt, he is indeed one of the pillars of Philippine cinema. 

Dolphy has spent almost his entire life in giving laughter to the people. His punchlines and facial expressions delivers a unique blow and tickle our funny bones. Even the most serious people would not be able to resist bursting into laughter.

He is also one of the most down to earth person I know. He always make sure that his movies and shows , even though its comedic in theme, delivers a message or moral lessons to its audience. For this, he had won so many recognition from different award giving body.

A loving husband, father and friend, Dolphy considers himself as blessed with the talents and blessings he had received and been able to share to us. I, myself look up to him for his greatness especially when it comes to providing good laughs to people.

I don't need to wait for him to be dead for me to pay tribute to one of the greatest Filipino actors of all time. For me, he has already provided and shared his contribution to Filipinos. It is time to give him homage. Dolphy, I thank you for making the Filipino happy despite our problems. I salute you!


Kapish!


Credits to the original uploader/s of the picture/s shown on this post.

Dolphy Dolphy Reviewed by Stone-Cold Angel on 9:30 AM Rating: 5
Powered by Blogger.