Ad

Amy Winehouse

In Memoriam
"Will you still love me... tomorrow"
This was the line of a song covered by Brit singer Amy Winehouse. I was awed by her exceptional talent and voice that gave justice to this classic song. I'm going to listen to it again and again because that's the only way I can now.

For this post (a sudden one), I'll be paying my homage to one of the greatest artists of all time.


Amy Jade Winehouse
1983 - 2011

A multi-Grammy winner artist from London. Famed for her towering hair, black eyeliners, tattoos and piercings all over her body, she graced the world of music with her stunning voice and energetic on stage performance.

But due to substance addiction (both alcohol and drugs) her career plumetted as well as her physical attributes. She's on the process coming back but she stunned the world with the news of her death on the morning of July 23, 2011.

Amy died (as of posting time, possible drug overdose) at the age of 27 joining the likes of Kurt Cobain, Jim Morisson, Janis Joplin and Jimi Hendrix who are members of 27 Club.

Even though Amy doesn't have the prettiest of faces, she made it up for her voice and talent. Like all of us, she's been dealing and struggling with her own personal demons. But I guess, she grew up tired and lost the battle.

Her version of the song "Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow" was one of my wedding songs. Sadly, I'll just be able to listen to it using my mp3 player. My hopes for a live version flew away.

With all the awards that she won and the songs that changed many lives (including mine), her great talent remains with us though her life ended in tragedy. My salute goes out to you, Amy Winehouse. May you find your peace.


Kapish!



Credits to the original uploader/s of the picture/s shown on this post.

Amy Winehouse Amy Winehouse Reviewed by Stone-Cold Angel on 4:00 PM Rating: 5
Powered by Blogger.