Ad

Fight Club

Soapy Tribute

I apologize that I haven't been able to post something new here. My wife is adjusting to her new condition of bearing our first child. I have to assist her in doing some chores that she can't do for now. She's beginning to get dizzy almost always and feels hurling every now and then. 

Of course, I can only comfort her because I know and she knows that I can't do anything but just support her. I know that these things are just temporary since she's adjusting to her condition. As of this writing, I just finished doing chores in the house.

And while I was resting, I thought of watching a movie that I really admired. I wanted to give a tribute on this movie because it gave a lot of conflicts and good points. So I inserted the disc into the DVD player and relaxed myself on my chair and watched...

The Fight Club. Starring Edward Norton, Helena Bonham Carter and Brad Pitt and directed by David Fincher. It was adapted from the novel by Chuck Palahniuk and narrated by, according to Palahniuk as "everyman". Discontented from his work and suffering from insomnia, the narrator (Norton) finds haven from The Fight Club. Along with Tyler Durden (Pitt), they created a group that makes punching, kicking and fighting each other a pleasurable experience.


Although implied in their first two rules, the two becomes a cult group and later on develops into a gang of vigilantes that vandalizes the city. He realizes later on that Tyler Durden is in fact... himself. Tyler Durden is his alter ego and a leader of a terrorizing group ready to blow up buildings.

I will not be tired of watching this movie. Aside from the fact that Brad Pitt and Edward Norton are two my favorite Hollywood actors, the plot is very, very good. Excellent even. I admired the thinking and mind of the author Chuck Palahniuk. He definitely delivered a good novel. I haven't read the novel yet but I'm looking forward to read it.


As for the movie, David Fincher conveyed a good idea and conceptualization of the novel. Although, it did not made it to the box office, it was still succesful commercially after the DVD was released and established as a cult film. By the way, I want to share the lines and quotes I like from the film:

"If you wake up at a different time, in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?"

"It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything."

"The people you are after, are the people you depend on- We cook your meals, we hurl your trash, we connect your calls, we drive your Ambulances, we guard you while you sleep - DO NOT FUCK WITH US!!!" -- used this line in another post... click here to read it.

"Fuck off with your sofa units and strine green stripe patterns, I say never be complete, I say stop being perfect, I say let... lets evolve, let the chips fall where they may."

"First you have to give up, first you have to *know*... not fear... *know*... that someday you're gonna die."

"Now, a question of etiquette - as I pass, do I give you the ass or the crotch?"

For more information about "The Fight Club", click here.


Kapish!



Credits to the original uploader/s of the picture/s shown on this post.

Fight Club Fight Club Reviewed by Stone-Cold Angel on 6:30 PM Rating: 5
Powered by Blogger.