Ad

Charm Shotwell

Nice Shot!

Bustling and hustling in Metro Manila is really dangerous. If you are one of those that are not used to fast paced changes and life, you will be eaten alive here and left for the scavengers.

Unlike our 9MM Blogzine #MajorCrush. She pretty handled herself in the jungle of the country. She hustled her way up to make herself recognized.


Charm Shotwell

Charm, 25 (at the time of writing) is based in Davao City. A Mass Communication graduate in Ateneo de Davao University and she loves long drives, workout and cooking among others.

"I'm into adventure and experiencing things that's why a year after graduating I decided to move to Manila to experience Philippines' version of concrete jungle. I'm never fond of doing routine job, so when I moved to Manila my target was to be a freelance artist. I have a background in print ad, TV and commercial modelling since I was young so I used this as my foundation in starting a career in the big city. As what people said, it will never be easy. Most especially that I don't know anyone from this new place. But I striven and started from the bottom until I was able to know some people and was able to work as a model (print ad, TV Commercials both  commercial and fashion). I love fashion. Most especially styling. Our family have a little bridal shop here in Davao, which I help my mom manage up to this day and I've applied my hobby on this business by offering a styling service for our clients. Specifically on their pre-nuptial photo shoots."

Wow! Very well said.
"For hobbies, hmm.. I can't really say I have an interesting list of hobbies but if I have vacant time, I try to go out of town for long drives, staying at the beach or staying on the island of Siargao, doing quick workout, cooking, Netflix, enjoying my coloring books and sleeping."

Are you in a relationship right now?
"Yes, I am currently in a relationship. My current relationship is currently at 7 months."

If you're single right now, What would a guy do to impress you?
"Showing interest and effort that they want to spend time with me, sense of humor, how he thinks and how he is with his family."

Lovely! By the way... Do you still remember your first love? How was it?
"Yes. To be honest, I consider my current partner now as my first love and first heartbreak. He was my young love way back high school days but we didn't have that official label but we showed we have mutual feelings. We spend time together during class breaks and consistent text messages. He's even my first first person to hold hands with because of a love knot on a school event. (Love knot: where somebody lists a couple's name on the booth and they will capture you, put a one peso coin in between both your hand and you should not drop the coin for 5mins) As a young and naive girl, I fell for him thinking that he will be my special someone for the rest of my life. Hahaha! But things happened, he's a couple of years older than me so he graduated first and ever since he graduated we lost communication. No clarity of what our label was and no closure. With just one snap it was gone. Then fast forward to years, we communicated again. Hence, we're in a long distance relationship now."

And since its LDR, If a partner needs to move away from you for many years, would you wait?
"Yes, as long as we have trust and constant communication. We've been in a long distance relationship even before we made it a month of being official. Haha!"

Cool! How many times have you been in love?
"I'd say, three."

Three huh? Do you still have feelings for the other two?
"No. Before I enter a relationship, I make it sure that I don't have anything for my past. I've been to 2 long-term relationship before my present boyfriend."

Great! Do you rather follow your heart or your mind?
"It depends on the situation, really. If choosing a person, I'd say I follow my heart. But when it comes to decision making on certain situations, I follow my mind."

Awesome! What have you learned from life that makes you who you are today?
"Not to trust easily and that you should always learn how to stand on your own feet and not depend to other people. I also learned that no matter how good you treat a person and extend all the help you can, you still can never expect that they will treat you well in return. If you are planning to do anything for yourself or for your future, might as well keep it to yourself and let success make the noise because we can never really say that all the people around us are rooting for the best for us. They might be saying words of encouragement in front of you but in reality, wishes you failure on the back of their minds."

I share the same learning with you. What is SEXY for you?
"Sexy for me is not really based on the physical feature of a person. I'd say a person is sexy if he/she have a sexy mind. Someone who is intelligent, wise, knows how to deal with situation, treat people well and handles him/herself with confidence."

Brilliant! What part of your body are you most proud of?
"I'd say my ass. Hahaha! And if on my face I'd say my eyes or nose."

Yeah! We have to agree on all of those. But we also love your LIPS and SMILE.
"Hahaha! Really? Haha! Thank you!"

You're welcome! What's the craziest thing you have done so far?
"This got me thinking. Haha! I have a lot in mind but this one might be a little okay to tell kids. Can't really say I'd be proud to share this to my future grandchildren but way back in high school, our batch prom and yearbook pictorial almost got cancelled because of something I initiated. During our computer class, our teacher had to excuse himself because he had something to do in the laboratory. So he left us and gave us free time as long as we behave and stay inside our classroom. At the same day, we also had an activity on our science class, the volcano project. The common project where you have to make a volcano using clay and make it erupt. So at that time, we had clay. I decided to play a prank on one of my classmate. I made small circle batches of clay and threw it on his head without him realizing that his head already looks like a nest with lots of clay. At the time he realized it, he played the same trick to our other classmate until the others did the same. I was a part of the student council so me and some members we're called out of the room to have meeting for an upcoming event. Little did we know, our classroom was in chaos because everyone was already throwing clay everywhere and one of our classmate decided to take a video of it and uploaded it on Facebook with the caption "clay-war while our teacher is not around". Our principal saw it immediately and went for a surprise visit in the classroom and caught our batch mate red handed. And take note, we don't have a single clue of what's happening because we we're in the library for meeting. When we head back to our classroom we didn't enter because we we're kind of confused. Our principal was inside with her big eyes wide open. She was really really mad. Then before she left our room, we heard her shout, no more prom and yearbook pictorial for the seniors."

hahahaha! That was epic!
"And when she saw us outside, she said that we are excluded from the punishment because we weren't around when things happened. I really felt bad because I know I started that act. Haha! Good thing the principal changed her mind after a couple of days. So we still had our prom and year book pictorial. Haha!"

Haha! That was fun! Next question... What's the most rebellious thing you did as a teen?
"My mom was really strict, most especially that I'm the youngest and only girl among my siblings. I'm not allowed to step out of our school gate until high school because my mom talked to the guards about not letting me out unless I'm picked up by my guardian. So when I entered college, I felt so free though my mom still sends me and picks me up from school. She knows my schedule. The this one time, my boyfriend at that time planned a breakfast date for us. On that day, i don't have morning classes because of a school event. My mom didn't know about it so I told her I have to arrive at school at 6 AM because we have something to finish for our morning class. So she sent me to school at 6 AM. Our university have three gates, so she dropped me off at the front gate and I went straight out to the back gate where my boyfriend was waiting. Rode a taxi and went straight to the boat terminal to go to another island and had a breakfast by the beach. My mom never knew I did this things up until now. Haha!"

How about your favorite G-rated curse word?
"Gosh? Or bwiset. Hahaha!"

hahaha! This question you may or may not answer... Have you ever been offered an indecent proposal?
"Yes."

Gosh! If you don't mind... how much was the offer?
"He offered me house and lot, car or anything just name it. As long as I'll be his girlfriend and that I'd move to his hometown."

Oh... How pathetic. Of course you declined it, right?
"Totally declined it. Immediately. It was really pathetic. To think he's married, have a young son and I think he's doubled my age."

Good girl! Don't entertain those kinds of offers. Ever.
"Yeah, there are still some who send messages. I block them ASAP. Not even bothering answering their questions."

Yeah! You're doing the right thing. Last question. Name 3 local male celebrities that you have major crush on.
"Jericho RosalesJames Reid and Richard Gutierrez. I think I'll change James Reid to JM de Guzman. Haha!"

Thank you so much for this awesome opportunity, Charm! It has been an honor and pleasure to feature you in 9MM Blogzine as one of our #MajorCrush. This page is for you and our 9MM Salute!

Kapish!




Charm Shotwell Charm Shotwell Reviewed by Stone-Cold Angel on 9:00 AM Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.