Ad

Slayer

Best Thrash Metal Band Ever!

Way back when I was in High School, I craved for something heavier. I was already listening to Guns N' Roses, Metallica and Megadeth. Not very usual for a high school student's music. I want to be different way back.

Some of my classmates were listening to cheesy love songs and RnB music. Then one of my classmate lent me an album in cassette tape format (so you have an idea how old I am). I thought its too heavy for me because of the morbid album cover.

So I listened to it using my walkman and my ears were bombarded with heavy riffs, pounding drums and screeching guitar solos. From then on... I knew I was a disciple of Slayer.


Slayer was formed way back 1981 and released several albums, videos and box sets. They also recieved several recognitions and awards from their albums.


Although their albums and even themselves are being criticized, banned and sued by several religious groups and the general public for their songs about death, deviants, genocide, insanity, Nazism, necrophilia, religion, Satanism, serial killers, suicide, and warfare, still they continue to produce albums of the same topics and genre.

They are also known as one of the "Big Four" thrash metal bands along with Metallica, Megadeth and Anthrax.

I especially liked and admired them for their lyrics and principles. They have been bonded together by their music and has been very much appreciated by their fans. Its been almost three decades of fast tremolo picking, heavy riffs, pounding drums and shouting vocals about the hypocrisy we have in this world.


Their music remains consistent and haven't really changed through time although some maturity on topics and style they incorporate to their music. This is the page for them, Slayer - The Best Thrash Metal band ever for me.

Kapish!


Credits to the original uploader/s of the picture/s shown on this post.

Slayer Slayer Reviewed by Stone-Cold Angel on 12:14 PM Rating: 5
Powered by Blogger.