Ad

Coldplay: Viva La Vida Ultimate Edition Album Review

Album Review

I never really categorize music because I believe that in the theory that a song could be pop-to-you-but-alternative-rock-to-me. But in this double disc review, I knew where to put this band in a category. By this time, my review might be out to date already but it would worth a lot to me.


This is the first time I heard Coldplay's album after their hit single "Yellow". Its been a while also that I heard such smooth alternative rock music from a band like them and Crash Test Dummies.


Viva La Vida was the fourth studio album from the British quartet which is comprised of Chris Martin on vocals, Jonny Buckland on guitars, Guy Berryman on bass and Will Champion on drums. This time, its a double CD which is composed of the album "Viva La Vida" and some acoustic and remixed versions of the additional singles that did not came with the original release.

Viva La Vida is a compilation of songs about love, loss, war, religion and death. This is what I want to listen to on a Sunday afternoon relaxation. There are so many variations and combinations of musical influences that my ears loved to hear and my soul want to swallow. 


The lyrics are very well written like poems and the points are clearly being pointed out to its listener. The distinctive falsetto of the band are not held also. Songs like Lost!, Life In Technicolor, Violet Hill and Cemeteries In London are my choice cuts in the album. Some hidden tracks are also included here as a bonus to listeners like me.

Overall, Coldplay has evolved and had freedom out of the comfort zone as represented in this album.

Music Review File Number: 0305091249
Coldplay: Viva La Vida Ultimate Edition
Rating: Very Good


Kapish!


Credits to the original uploader/s of the picture/s shown on this post.

.
Coldplay: Viva La Vida Ultimate Edition Album Review Coldplay: Viva La Vida Ultimate Edition Album Review Reviewed by Stone-Cold Angel on 12:51 PM Rating: 5
Powered by Blogger.