Ad

UFC 97 Results

I thought that the boxing match of fellow Filipino boxer Nonito Donaire and Brian Villoria would be aired early today. But as I scan the TV, I found no channel that would air the fight. Maybe its going to be aired later tonight because it will be held in Araneta Coliseum. Home court advantage, I thought. From scanning the cable channels, I happen to interest myself with the live telecast of UFC 97 but was not able to see the earlier matches. I tried to scan the internet and here are the results of the 2 major highlights of UFC 97.

Chuck "The Iceman" Lidell vs. Mauricio "Shogun" Rua
This was the fight everyone wants to see on the UFC 97 card. Both fighters are ignoring their age for they say it has nothing to do with the match. The Iceman had lost three out of his last four fights in the Octagon and hoping to redeem himself on this bout. While Rua, at 44 years old, hopes that he has still the energy to stop his opponent. After a series of takedowns and exchanging of punches and kicks in the first round, a devastating left hand punch from Rua lands on Lidell's chin that made The Iceman groggy. The Shogun quickly reacts and delivered raining right hand hammer fists until the referee stopped the fight with 4:28 remaining in the first round. Game over!

Anderson "The Spider" Silva vs. Thales Leites
I, myself and the Canadian audiences watching it live, wanted to see Anderson Silva give a good fight with his opponent. I admired the fighting skills of The Spider from day one. He could give a good and marvelous fight everytime he enters the Octagon. But as I watched his match against Leites, it turned out to be a boring match. In that five-round fight, it seems its a graduation ball. They danced, exchange punches, dance, kicks some, dance and dance. They got several boos from the audience that paid good money for the match. If I were there, I might as well join the audience. I'll also give credit to Leites because of his elusiveness and defensive tactics that Silva was unable to take him down. Maybe the fighters are both defensive because one of them might fall if they give in to what audiences ask. The fight ends with Anderson Silva retaining his UFC Middleweight Title belt. Silva has now a record of 23-4-0.

For more results of UFC 97, Click Here.
UFC 97 Results UFC 97 Results Reviewed by Stone-Cold Angel on 2:16 PM Rating: 5
Powered by Blogger.