Ad

X-Men Origins: Wolverine

Snikkkt!

I have been anticipating this movie since it was officially presented to the media. Wolverine is one of my favorite characters in the X-Men universe and I want to know how it will be portrayed in the big screen.

Although a leak from the internet came out earlier than its release date, I still want to see it in the cinema. But my brother lent me copy of its pirated release and somewhat intrigued with what he said to me that it was good.

Although restraining myself from watching it, still the questions prevailed. Is it a good movie?

X-Men Origins: Wolverine. Way back before the X-Men franchise was thought of, there was already a rumor that came out that this movie should come in first before the actual X-Men movie. It was in this scenario where Mel Gibson is selected for the character. But that plan was aborted and came the X-Men franchise.


I'll tell you about it in my other posts but for now, let's focus on the movie. The movie, which stars Hugh Jackman as James Howlett / Logan / Wolverine, tells the wild and complex past of the main character.

It also shows how he is related to Victor Creed / Sabretooth (Liv Schreiber) and how he acquired his adamantium bones and claw through the Weapon X project. Along the way, Logan meets some familiar and new mutants including Cyclops, Blob, Deadpool, Gambit and Professor X.

Verdict. I enjoyed the movie. Although its somewhat conflicting with the stories told in the comics but still entertaining. Hugh Jackman played the role well (because nobody has done it yet) as well as the other characters. I was expecting that Maverick and Omega Red will be presented in this movie because it was the time before Logan acquired his adamantium bones.


I'm not sure also why Gambit was as old as Wolverine and Cyclops was younger in the movie. I know for a fact that Gambit and Cyclops are of the same age in the comics. It seems when a comic book character goes to the big screen, the storyline is arranged and changed.

Anyway, if you're looking for a good action - sci-fi - thriller movie, this is still worth your money. Though I watched the leaked version, I'm still looking forward to watch X-Men Origins: Wolverine in a movie house.

Movie Review File Number: 0506090942
X-Men Origins: Wolverine
Rating: Very Good


Kapish!


Credits to the original uploader/s of the picture/s shown on this post.

X-Men Origins: Wolverine X-Men Origins: Wolverine Reviewed by Stone-Cold Angel on 9:49 AM Rating: 5
Powered by Blogger.