Ad

The Golden Compass

Slow Paced Movie

I was trying to look for something I could write and post here on my blog. I scoured the internet for some interesting stuffs but I found nothing.

So I decided to switch the TV on and got me hooked on the last minutes of Game 4 between Rockets and Tralblazers playoffs. I thought I could write something about that game but when I switched the channel to HBO... there is much more interesting. The movie The Golden Compass. The Houston Rockets won by the way.

The Golden Compass. The first installment of this fantasy film which stars Daniel Craig, Nicole Kidman, Eva Green and Dakota Blue Richards. A story of young girl named Lyra Belacqua (Richards), orphaned and living in the parallel universe in which the Magisterium threatens to dominate the world. When her friend was kidnapped, she travels to far north to rescue him and join her uncle.


Along the journey, she meets several characters like Mrs. Coulter (Kidman), The Gyptians, Serafina Pekkala and Iorek Byrnison, an exiled prince of armoured polar bears. With the help of the Alethiometer - a device that reveals the answer to a any question of its wielder, Lyra was guided in her adventures and to help her defeat the Gobblers.

Verdict. I hope the visual effects would compensate with how the story went but it did not. Although I haven't read the book yet, I'm sure its much more exciting than watching this film. The characters are too serious and barely made any funny moments.


This is critical to a movie so that people won't get tired of the adventure. The screenplay is very slow and the pacing are much slower. Director Chris Weitz was trying to imitate Peter Jackson (The Lord Of The Rings trilogy). Poor dude. He might have done well if he had followed his instincts.

I give credits to the visual effects team though it cannot save the movie's screening for me. I could have spent time on some other things.

Film Review File Number: 0427091757
The Golden Compass
Rating: Fair

For more information about the movie, The Golden Compass, Click Here.


Kapish!


Credits to the original uploader/s of the picture/s shown on this post.

The Golden Compass The Golden Compass Reviewed by Stone-Cold Angel on 6:14 PM Rating: 5
Powered by Blogger.