Ad

Chris Cornell

In Memoriam

It is sad whenever a great musician dies. Its like a deafening sound of silence that's wrecking our hearts. And whenever a musician passes away, the only way we can remember them are through their songs.

Like Kurt Cobain, I'm going to pay my respects to the one of the greatest musicians and brought the grunge genre alive.


Chris Cornell
1964 - 2017

Chris Cornell is an American musician who formed Soundgarden and Audioslave aside from his solo career. He also did an album together with then Pearl Jam's members Eddie Vedder to pay tribute to their friend Andrew Wood.

"I am just tired." - Chris' last words.

He was found dead in his bathroom in his hotel in Detroit after performing with his band Soundgarden. Still not sure what caused his death. It was still being disputed if it was drug overdose or he committed suicide by hanging.

My first encounter with Cornell's music was through the album Superunknown. From then on, I followed and listened to his music while trying to imitate it through guitar playing. I even followed him when he formed Audioslave.

Chris Cornell, to me, is the most influential and talented artist I ever known. He can create songs that has up and down medley. With his wide array vocals, he can make songs easy and hard at the same time.

Cornell's music was my bliss in my teen and rebellious age. I always sing with him pretending to be him and belching out his high notes. Up until I grew, I listened to his songs and it still gives me goosebumps.

I literally cried when I heard the news of him passing away while listening to his songs.

This page is for you, Chris Cornell. Thank you so much for all the music you created. I hope to see you in the afterlife. Rest in peace.

Kapish!


Credits to the original uploader/s of the picture/s shown on this post.

Chris Cornell Chris Cornell Reviewed by Stone-Cold Angel on 9:00 AM Rating: 5
Powered by Blogger.