Ad

Guns N' Roses

Welcome To The Jungle

Way before listening to Metallica and Slayer, I enjoyed listening to Michael Jackson, Roxette and The Carpenters. I was hearing and listening to them because they were the ones being played on the radio and the only available cassette tapes at home.

And then I was introduced to "Glam Rock" when I got a cassette tape from my classmate. And from then on my music preference changed.

This is my tribute page to...



Guns N' Roses

Guns N' Roses are originally formed by vocalist Axl Rose, guitarists Slash and Izzy Stradlin, bass guitarist Duff McKagan and drummer Steven Adler. They released several albums, toured the world and inspired people. Axl is the only original member remaining with the band.

"Sweet Child O' Mine" was the very first song that I liked about them. Slash's guitar playing the famous intro was catchy and pleasing to the ear. While Duff's bass lines and Adler's pounding were steady, Axl's screeching voice defined the sound of the band.

It was good sound. I enjoyed listening to their "Appetite For Destruction" album the first time. It was nothing like the pop and other bands that I used to listen. They became my instant hero when it comes to music.

I continued to follow and listen to them with their next albums "Lies", "Use Your Illusion I and II" and "The Spaghetti Incident". Of course, by that time I purchased their albums already. Their sound changed matured over time but nonetheless, still great.

Aside from the mentioned songs, The songs "Patience", "I Used To Love Her", "Yesterdays", "Civil War", "Don't Cry" and "Since I Don't Have You" are among the songs I liked from Gn'R. Those songs helped shape my musical influences.

I also collected some of their MTVs and videos Which I saved in my hard drive. The internet is really a big help. I even watched their "Use Your Illusion Tour" in Japan. And it was awesome.

They also paved the way for the alternative music scene in the Philippines. But some posers hated the band because they were too sell out. I'm pretty much sure they have their own issues with the band but I'm also sure they have liked Guns N' Roses in one way or another.

But even the band disbanded, Slash, Duff and Matt Sorum had formed Velvet Revolver and Axl Rose grew old, I still salute the band. For without their music, I don't know what my life turn into.

So to the band Guns N' Roses, including old and new band members, I salute you. Kudos to the great music you have shared with us metal heads. This will be my tribute page to the one of most influential bands in rock history.

Kapish!



Credits to the original uploader/s of the picture/s shown on this post.
Guns N' Roses Guns N' Roses Reviewed by Stone-Cold Angel on 9:00 AM Rating: 5
Powered by Blogger.