Ad

Resolving Fear

"Fear is the path to the dark side." -- Master Yoda, Star Wars Episode One: The Phantom Menace
Everyone has fears. I too have fears.

I'm worried about the future of my family especially Cielo. How can I support her for the next years? How will I pay for her education and other needs? Where will I get all of these money?

I'm also worried about my health. How am I going to be with my family for the next years if I'm still addicted to smoking? How will I die? Am I prepared to die? These are just a few of the things I'm worried about. I'm sure a lot of you shares the same fears I have.

In this article, I'm gonna share with you how I cope up with these fears.



Be Worry Free

As much as possible, I do not to worry about things in my life. Although there will be problems and challenges coming day in and day out, I just let them be.

I will resolve whatever I can at that moment, and leave the rest for another day. I'm sure God will not give me burdens that I can't handle. So I let the problems defeat me, for I will come back stronger the next fight and fix it.

Living In The Present

What's done is done and we cannot do anything about it. We also don't know what will happen in the future (unless you're a clairvoyant) so why worry about it.

I live my life, just day after day. I work, sleep, eat, play with my kid, watch TV and whatever I can do within 24 hours. I don't worry what's gonna happen tomorrow. Sure I have plans for the future but I often don't think about it.

What's important is the present and today. I will do whatever I can do today and leave the rest for tomorrow.

Controllable Versus Uncontrollable

I fix and resolve problems which I can take care of. With my job, it resolves our financial obligations. Spending time with my family cures my stress and brings out the happiness. Blogging fixes my share for the world.

But if I'm going to start thinking about the problems of our country, the traffic, the poverty, world peace or weather, that's going to start my anxiety towards things I can't control.

A psychiatrist said that when you are in the state of fear, you tend to control things. You cannot think clearly. You tell people to do this and that without knowing the consequences. You do things way out of hand. End result -- bad results.

So, control whatever is controllable to you and leave the uncontrollable problems to God. I'm sure He can resolve it for you.

Eliminating fear is hard to do. But with proper guidance and some luck, I'm sure you'll overcome it.

How do you eliminate your fear? Leave your comments below.

Kapish!



Credits to the original uploader/s of the picture/s shown on this post.
Resolving Fear Resolving Fear Reviewed by Stone-Cold Angel on 9:00 AM Rating: 5
Powered by Blogger.