Ad

Adam "MCA" Yauch

In Memoriam

Cancer is really a bitch.

I mean, this disease or whatever you call it, is really taking out our greatest people. Parents, relatives, friends and even us are not spared from being infected.

Even celebrities and icons isn't spared and cannot save themselves even if they have the money to cure themselves. Steve Jobs for example.

Another talented artist succumbed to death at a very young age due to cancer and this is my tribute to him.




Adam "MCA" Yauch of The Beastie Boys
1964 - 2012

Born in Brooklyn, New York, Adam formed the Beastie Boys together with Michael "Mike D" Diamond and Adam "Adrock" Horowitz. He is also the founder of Milerapa Fund which fights for the injustices against native Tibetans. A musician, humanist, director and artist, MCA yielded to cancer at 47 years old.

I have been a fan of the Beastie Boys since I first heard their "Check Your Head" album. But I barely knew who they were until I get to listen to "Ill Communication" and "Intergalactic" albums.

I don't even know who is rapping what line from the three of them. All I know is they provided good music to me.

I got the chance to watch them perform live when I won the ticket for MTV's Alternative Nation tour together with Sonic Youth and the Foo Fighters. I was astounded with the Boys performance even if their sound system constantly died down.

All I know is that they shared good music. Beastie Boys is not Beastie Boys without any of them. And sadly, MCA had to go to the other side.

To the one of the greatest and pioneers of rap, MCA, you will be remembered. Thanks for the good music and videos. May you reset in peace.

Kapish!



Credits to the original uploader/s of the picture/s shown on this post.
Adam "MCA" Yauch Adam "MCA" Yauch Reviewed by Stone-Cold Angel on 9:00 AM Rating: 5
Powered by Blogger.