Ad

Senator Miriam Defensor-Santiago

In Memoriam

"I eat death threats for breakfast."
This is gonna be a first for my blog.

For the past several years, I have been featuring sexy, attractive and appealing women every month. But this month, its going to be different.

This time, I'm going to feature a distinct woman whom I regard for quite a while.

I have been admiring women who are fighters. Especially, women who can fight for the good of all Filipinos. And she's the best at what she do...


Senator Miriam Defensor-Santiago
1945 - 2016

Born as a Gemini, Senator Miriam has served the Filipinos for several years. She's been a head of different government agencies as well as being a judge and professor of different laws. On top of that, she is one of the Senators of the Philippines and just been judge-elect of the International Criminal Court.

I first known the senator when she was still the Commissioner of Bureau of Immigration and Deportation when she lambasted a foreigner charged with pedophilia. She stood up and defended the Filipinos.
"Sir, I represent the majesty of the Republic of the Philippines. You have the obligation to show respect and courtesy to me. Now shut up, or I'll bash your teeth in!"
This was the time I started admiring her intellect, courage and determination to rid the government of abusive and corrupt officials.

I even wanted to vote for her when she aspired to be the Philippine president. But she lost due to a black propaganda saying that she is mentally challenged.

Queen Of The Senate

There has been no senator in history that has the guts and balls like Senator Miriam. Unlike other senators, she can pass several laws that make sense.

Her ferocious attitude towards corrupt officials is clearly a signal to them not to mess with her. She can mock and shame them in public whenever appropriate.

English Language Mastery

Another characteristic I appreciate about Miriam is her grasp of the English language. Her rich vocabulary inspires me to check the dictionary immediately whenever she blurts out a new or unfamiliar word. That is after wiping the blood out from my nose.

Her usage of Filipino (Tagalog to be exact) cannot be set aside as well. Even if she has this Ilongga accent, she can speak eloquently using the native language.

Sense Of Humor

Most of the time she is very serious with what she do but every once in a while, she can make you laugh. Remember, when she said the infamous word -- "I lied!" and laughed wickedly.

Whenever she speaks, I listen very closely and wait for her punchline that would make me laugh.

A truly exceptional woman. There is no other woman like her. Witty, verbal, brilliant and effortlessly funny. These are the descriptions I can give to the one true public servant -- Senator Miriam Defensor-Santiago. I salute you!

Kapish!


Credits to the original uploader/s of the picture/s shown on this post.
Senator Miriam Defensor-Santiago Senator Miriam Defensor-Santiago Reviewed by Stone-Cold Angel on 9:00 PM Rating: 5
Powered by Blogger.