Ad

Friday Night TV

Flashback To Friday TV Programming

Back in my late elementary and early high school days, I always look forward to Friday nights. Aside from the fact that its the last day of school, I get to do whatever I want on that day. I get to play and watch whatever I want on TV. And I can also stay up late since there is no need for me to wake up early the next day.

In watching TV, ABS CBN was my channel of choice during those Friday nights. It was the only channel that showed foreign shows on prime time. They offered cartoons, teen series and some post-teen shows which glued my eyes on the tube.


My parents were helpless in controlling the TV because they know that Friday nights is my TV nights. And my happiness were immeasurable during those times because of these programs.

I wanted to give each of them a page in this blog but I decided to make it a list. So here they are in random order:


The Real Ghostbusters
The animated TV version of the hit movie. The parapsychologist quartet of Ray Stantz, Peter Venkman, Egon Spengler and Winston Zeddemore battled the most dangerous ghosts in the Big Apple. Along with their secretary Janine Melnitz and the green spud Slimer, this show didn't fail in giving me fulfillment in my TV viewing.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Mutated turtles who loves pizza is the other animated series that goes back to back with the Ghostbusters. Leonardo, Michaelangelo, Raphael and Donatello fight it out with Shredder and the rest of the Foot Soldiers for the safety of human kind before pizza time. My likeness to this show isn't high compared to the previous one but nevertheless, entertaining. But I learned two words... Cowabunga, Dude!!!

And then after those two shows, I get to be transformed to a more mature viewing. These shows made my child-like persona shift to a more teenager thinking. Let's start off with...

Doogie Howser, M.D.
The youngest doctor at the age of 16. This show shows the hardships of a teen being a genius and finished med school early. The series again got my attention since I can somehow relate to the main character situations.


Even though he is a doctor, he is still a minor and unable to get adult privileges. Like Michael Jackson, they were unable to enjoy their youth like normal teens.


Beverly Hills 90210
Brandon(Jason Prietley) and Brenda(Shannen Doherty) gets introduced to a rich and famous neighborhood. My schoolmates including me imitated the hairstyle of Brandon and Dylan (Luke Perry) while we appreciated the beauty and appeal of Brenda and Kelly(Jenny Garth).


I religiously watched this show to be "in" aside from the fact that I have a crush on Brenda and Kelly during that time. It was also the show that got its audience from us teenagers. A good series to watch than its rival variety show on the other channel.

Baywatch
I don't watch this series if not for the sexy babes. Erika Eleniak was the very first lifeguard whom I wanted to save me in case I drown in the beaches of Malibu. After some time, Pamela Anderson, Carmen Elektra and Yasmine Bleeth were the next babes that wore that skimpy onepiece orange bathing suit. Once held the title, "Most Watched TV Series In The World", I would agree since I am one of those millions anticipating voluptous lady life guards.

Melrose Place
The adult version of Beverly Hills 90210. Not really into the storylines on the series I watch. I was too busy appreciating the beauties in this post. For Melrose Place, I always anticipate Courtney Thorne Smith.

So there you have it. As I have said earlier, I'm not really understanding the plots and storylines in this post. I was still too young to understand the series aside from the english language. All I wanted was to entertain myself and look at the pretty faces and body of those female characters.

Do you still remember those shows you watch every Friday nights? Share it by leaving a comment below.

Kapish!



Credits to the original uploader/s of the picture/s shown on this post.

Friday Night TV Friday Night TV Reviewed by Stone-Cold Angel on 5:00 AM Rating: 5
Powered by Blogger.