Ad

My Amnesia Girl

Pick Up Line Movie

Since last November 19, I couldn't stop asking my wife for us to watch the latest Harry Potter film. And every time I ask her, I get disappointed. She dissed my request with a "I am not a fan" and "I wasn't able to follow the other movies" reasons. Since she is in her last month of her pregnancy, she is quite hesitant to move and travel.

Anyway, I'll just watch it myself soon. In the meantime, I'm gonna review a movie that she asked me to watch with her. Since I had this plan of changing some entries here in my blog (I'm gonna be reviewing everything Filipino), I obliged to go with her and watch this local movie...

My Amnesia Girl. Starring Toni Gonzaga as Irene and John Lloyd Cruz as Apollo. Apollo and Irene are the most perfect couple until their wedding day. Apollo ran away from his own wedding fearing the consequences of a married life. Heart-broken of the incident, Irene ran and got herself almost hit by a car in the middle of the highway. 


Three years after, Apollo got the chance to see Irene again. Wanting to undo the mistake he did, Apollo found a perfect opportunity to win Irene back since she has no memories of him. Apollo did not knew that she is only faking her amnesia illness, he tried to win her back by going through several challenges and surprises that made Irene fall in love with him again.

Also in this movie are Joross Gamboa, Carlos Agassi, Atoy Co, Beatrice Saw with special participation of Kaye Abad, Jodi Sta. Maria and Denise Laurel as Apollo's previous flings. Directed by Cathy Gacia-Molina and produced by Star Cinema.

Verdict. I thought that this would be a spin-off of the movie "50 First Dates" since it has the word "amnesia" from its title. But I guess I'm wrong. The first part of the movie was very good. It introduced the very happy relationship of the main characters.


My wife keeps on whispering "ang gwapo! (John Lloyd)". I silently laughed whenever John Lloyd and Toni exchange local versions of "pick up lines". I tried to scour the internet and I stumbled on some Pinoy pick up lines I remembered used on the film. These are taken from Carlo Dimaandal's blogsite:

Napapagod ka na ba? - Kasi lagi kang tumatakbo sa isip ko.
Kuto ka ba? - Lagi ka kasing nasa ulo ko.
Kumain ka ba ng asukal? - ang tamis kasi ng ngiti mo.
I'm a bee - can you be my honey?
May lahi ka bang keyboard? - type kasi kita
Papupulis kita! - ninakaw mo kasi puso ko
Are you a dictionary? - coz you add meaning to my life
Ice ka ba? - crush kita, okay lang?
Meralco ka ba? - pag ngumiti ka kasi may spark
Crayola ka ba? - kasi nagbibigay ka ng kulay sa buhay ko
EDSA ka ba? - di kasi ako makapagmove on
Bangin ka ba? - nahulog kasi ako sa'yo
May butas ba yang puso mo? - natrap kasi ako, can't find my way out
Pustiso ka ba? - kasi I can't smile without you
Nabibingi ka na ba? Coz my heart has been screaming out your name for quite some time now..
Centrum ka ba? Kasi you make my life complete!!
Exam ka ba? Gustong gusto na kasi kitang i-take home eh!
Pwede ba kita maging driver? Para ikaw na magpapatakbo ng buhay ko..
Tapos na ba ung exam mo? Para ako naman sagutin mo..
Alam mo ba na scientist ako?? At ikaw yung LAB ko.
May lisensya ka ba? Coz you're driving me crazy..
May kilala ka bang gumagawa ng relo? May sira ata relo ko.. pag ikaw kasi kasama ko, humihinto ang oras ko..
Aanhin pa ang gravity... kung lagi lang akong mahuhulog sa iyo?
Mahilig ka ba magluto na pancit canton? Kasi pag kasama kita... feeling ko.. "LUCKY ME"
Siguro kun basketball ka, Di ako makaka-shoot? Coz i keep on missing you.
Kung posporo ka at posporo din ako eh di MATCH tayo..
Favorite subject mo ba geometry? Kasi kahit anong angle,ang cute mo..
Anong height mo? Pa'no ka nagkasya sa puso ko?
Ang galing mo siguro sa puzzles. (Bakit?) Kasi umaga pa lang nabuo mo na araw ko...
Kapag ako may tindahan, lahat ng tao bebentahan ko ng mura, sayo lang hindi. ................dahil sayo lang ako magmamahal.
Alarm clock ka ba? Ginising mo kasi ang natutulog kong puso eh.
Puwede bang magpa-picture kasama ka? Para naman ma-develop tayo!
Pwede ka bang makatabi pag may exam? Coz i feel perfect beside you.
Miss may mapa ka b dyan? Para alam ko ang daan papunta sa puso mo.
Now back to my verdict. I noticed that this is the first movie that Toni Gonzaga got to kiss her leading man several times. From her previous movies, she only had kissing scenes at the end of the movie or at least gets a smack. 

But here its totally uncounted. Making good movies like these(the others are My Big Love and My Only U), I can now compare her to one of my favorite actresses in Hollywood, Meg Ryan. John Lloyd also displayed his comedic side on this movie but not compromising his natural boy-next-door appeal and acting prowess.

The supporting cast led by Joross Gamboa, Carlos Agassi and Beatrice Saw was good to make the movie more exciting to watch. Taking Carlos Agassi's actions whenever he introduce himself to a lady. 


While extending his hands for a handshake, "Aray!" and then lifting his shirt off to reveal his abs. Beatrice is the "manang" on this movie (as always). Joross tried to be more "manly" here though his character almost showed my attitude towards my wife.

Cathy Garcia-Molina had done it again. This movie showed another side of love and relationships. Being loved, being happy and how it hurts. It showed how love can be almost perfect and how tragic it could be.


In the end, love conquers all. Forgiveness and true love will make couples happier and make a lasting relationship. Another thumbs up for Star Cinema for producing another good film.

For more information about the film My Amnesia Girl, check out their Wikipedia account.

Film Review File Number: 1126101037
My Amnesia Girl
Rating: Very Good


Kapish!


Credits to the original uploader/s of the picture/s shown on this post.

My Amnesia Girl My Amnesia Girl Reviewed by Stone-Cold Angel on 5:45 PM Rating: 5
Powered by Blogger.