Ad

Jerry Maguire

Movie Tribute

In desperate times, we need desperate measures. And in the world we live in, nothing is more important than money. Truthfully, we cannot live without it. Although some will say that money isn't everything, it still matters.

And right at this moment, I need it because of my situation. Today I resubmitted my application to Google AdSense to advertise things in my blog. Actually this is my third attempt to get an approval from them. I hope this time that it will be approved to add some extra money for our upcoming baby.

With that in mind, I remembered a famous line in one of my favorite movie, "Show me the money!!!". I thought that this is a good time to pay homage to that movie.


I'm really not a fan of Tom Cruise (although he just topped me with one and a half charisma), I liked the character he played here. So without further introduction, here is my tribute for the movie...

Jerry Maguire. Starring Tom Cruise, Renee Zellweger and Cuba Gooding Jr. and directed by Cameron Crowe. A story of a top sports agent that had grown up a conscience. After one of his players was severely injured, Jerry Maguire(Tom Cruise), wrote a mission statement on how to care and manage the sports management business.


Of course, he was terminated and left with only one player on his roster, Rod Tidwell(Cuba Gooding Jr.). The story develops as how Maguire led his only player to his success proving his mission statement. This movie also focused on how Jerry was involved with his subordinate, Dorothy Boyd (Renee Zellweger) and how to erase a trait that clearly describes him "Great at friendship bad at intimacy." character.

This movie was nominated for the Best Picture, Best Actor, Best Screenplay and others in the 1997 Academy Awards but only Cuba Gooding Jr. won the Best Supporting Actor.

When I first saw Jerry Maguire, I was only mesmerized by the beauty of Renee Zellweger. But as I watch the movie over and over, I learned to know more about the movie's subconscious plot. I like the part where Jerry was down and was turned down and betrayed and how he stood up to his "mission statement" and successfully defied all odds.


I also liked on how he came and win back his wife. I recommend this movie as one of the must-see movie before you die since it tackles different issues about life and how to stand up for yourself. Here are some lines I like in the movie:

"Show me the money!"

"A real man does not shoplift the "pooty" from a single mom."

"You complete me."

"I love waking up in the morning. I clap my hands and say "This is gonna be a great day!""

I also love the songs from its OST, "Secret Garden" by Bruce Springsteen and "Free Falling" by Tom Petty.


Kapish!


Credits to the original uploader/s of the picture/s shown on this post.

Jerry Maguire Jerry Maguire Reviewed by Stone-Cold Angel on 6:43 PM Rating: 5
Powered by Blogger.