Ad

Wrestlemania XXVI Results

Sports Entertainment Biggest Celebration 

Last March 28, seventy thousand wrestling fans filled the University of Phoenix Stadium for this annual event where legends are born... and sadly, where careers end. The World Wrestling Entertainment held its Wrestlemania XXVI together with the WWE Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony on the said date.

I wasn't able to watch it live because no one had offered the pay-per-view of this momentous event. Even if I don't want to download it, I was forced to do so just to catch my favorite WWE superstars compete in the squared circle. Here are the highlights of the said event...

Hall of Fame

The "Million Dollar Man" Ted Dibiase lead the WWE Hall of Fame Class of 2010. I can remember when I was a kid, I hated his character for being show off. Of course, its his alias. Also inducted are Stu Hart(father of Bret "The Hitman" Hart and the late Owen Hart), Announcer Bob Uecker, Antonio Inoki, "Mad Dog" Vachon, Wendi Richter and the late Gorgeous George (his wife accepted the induction).

Matches

Wrestlemania XXVI took me around 3 hours altogether to finish the entire show. There are many boring matches that I would not elaborate here, I would just list the results in the show's order:

Yoshi Tatsu won by last eliminating Zack Ryder in a 26 man Battle Royal;
ShoMiz which is composed of The Big Show and The Miz defeated John Morrison and R-Truth for the Unified Tag Team Championship match;
Randy Orton defeated Cody Rhodes and Ted DiBiase in a Triple Threat Match;
Jack Swagger ousted nine other competitors for the Money In The Bank Ladder Match which gives him a chance to en-cash it anytime for any title shot;
Rey Mysterio defeated CM Punk and regain his dignity not to join the Straight Edge Society;
Chris Jericho defeated Edge for the World Heavyweight Championship title;
Michelle McCool, Layla, Maryse, Alicia Fox and Vickie Guerrero defeated Mickie James, Kelly Kelly, Eve Torres, Gail Kim and Beth Phoenix for the 10-Diva tag team match;
John Cena defeated Batista for the WWE Championship Belt.

Highlights

Notice that I did not include the title matches here. That's because I felt bored and the matches are too predictable. I would have included Orton's match here but I simply won't. 

To kick things off, I will start with the match between one of my favorite wrestler, Triple H and the Celtic Warrior, Sheamus. And Triple H did not fail me in this match. His Wrestlemania experience overpowered the young but tough Sheamus. He fell into The Game's trap thinking that he is out and cold. Next thing Sheamus knew, the Pedigree was delivered and he was in Neverland. The Game says "Game over!".

Bret "The Hitman" Hart got his revenge on Vince McMahon after waiting for almost thirteen years. This was because of the "Montreal Screwjob" that made Hart's career lay low. McMahon thought that he secured himself this match by buying out Bret's family and made a no Holds Barred Lumberjack match.


It was McMahon that was screwed in this match and Bret, together with his family had the chance to dismember Vince. I also notice the age is creeping up to Bret as his delivers his blows to Vince. Its like he is already too old for a wrestling match.

As a finale, Bret applied the Sharpshooter to Vince forcing him tap out. Reap what you sow, Mr. McMahon! hahaha!

Undertaker still has the cleanest record in Wrestlemania at 18-0 after defeating Shawn Michaels for the second time. I think Michaels is trying to revive his career one last time but I also think that he already lost his charisma to the fans. He was also defeated by the Undertaker last year in the same event but he just wouldn't quit.


He agreed to end his career if Undertaker wins and that came through. After gruesome punishments taken by each other, The Undertaker decided to end the match by delivering the Tombstone Piledriver to Michaels twice.

After three counts, the Undertaker wins his eighteenth consecutive match in Wrestlemania. Undertaker helped Michaels get up and shook his hand signalling the farewell to Michaels' career. An emotional exit was done and the crowd cheered on "HBK, we will miss you!"

Verdict

Although many people don't believe in the drama of wrestling entertainment, it entertains me. Even though the actions and stunts are scripted, still I like watching them. Its better to watch it than telenovelas.

I am not really impressed with this year's Wrestlemania. Although it was a sold out event, I don't agree with the event's outcome. The matches are too predictable. You already knew who will win just before the match start. Aside from that, I noticed that there were less gimmicks and stunts that would impress and entertain the fans.


Unlike before, they bleed and they broke each other to be the greatest. If I have the money to pay for a ringside ticket, I would rather spend it on another thing... an Iphone or a Nikon D90 perhaps.

Video Review File Number: 0414101740
Wrestlemania XXVI
Rating: Good

For more information and photos about Wrestlemania XXVI, click here.


Kapish!


Credits to the original uploader/s of the picture/s shown on this post.

Wrestlemania XXVI Results Wrestlemania XXVI Results Reviewed by Stone-Cold Angel on 3:30 AM Rating: 5
Powered by Blogger.