Ad

G.I. Joe: Rise of the Cobra

Hail Cobra!

When I was at grade school, I used to play a lot with toys. The dream toy that I want to collect was the G.I. Joe action figures and the Transformers robots. I was able to purchase three G.I. Joe action figures namely, Mainframe, Lady Jaye and another one that I forgot the code name.

I also received a gift of four action figures of the A-Team. After school, I went on to play these action figures until my mother yell at me to stop playing. That was the time my imagination and plot making was cultivated... I think.

G.I. Joe: Rise of the Cobra. The Nanotechnology has arrived to give advantage to the world's power hungry nation. To protect it falling to the wrong hands, a secret group of elite soldiers were gathered up as the world's last defense at terrorism. Led by General Hawk (Dennis Quiad), Duke (Channing Tatum), Ripcord (Marlon Wayans), and others were members of G.I. Joe.


The rising of a terrorist group that was consisted of the Doctor (Joseph Gordon-Levitt) that will later on become Cobra Commander, Destro (James McCullen), Baroness (Siena Miller), Storm Shadow (Byung Hun-Lee) and Zartan (Arnold Vosloo) will become the Cobra. Although their efforts to rule the world went for naught, there is a hanging question if there will be a part two.

Verdict. I have long waited to see my favorite action figures come to life on the big screen. After watching the movie, at least I'm not disappointed. The effects and the actors played very well. The plot has several twists that made the audience thinking at the edge of their seats.


The thing that I anticipated in the movie was the duel between Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow. Although it was short, a least it did not disheartened to see them. Their story on the TV series are very intriguing and they are the most scarce G.I. Joe action figure way back. I'm looking forward to see the sequel.

Movie Review File Number: 0127101857
G.I. Joe: The Rise of the Cobra
Rating: Good


Kapish!


Credits to the original uploader/s of the picture/s shown on this post.

G.I. Joe: Rise of the Cobra G.I. Joe: Rise of the Cobra Reviewed by Stone-Cold Angel on 7:01 PM Rating: 5
Powered by Blogger.