Ad

May 15

Happy Birthday!

According to statistics, at least nine million people celebrate their birthdays everyday. There are also a number of deaths that happened during this day and also some importnat events for some people.


For me, May 15 is the most important day because this was the day that I was brought into this world thirty two years ago. I'm proud to say that I share this day with some popular people around the world. I grieve and pay homage to people that died on this day.


I want to celebrate other people's events on this date although, I know that I can't be with them in rejoicing. I'll list down nine people I share birthdays, deaths and events with.




Birthdays: Important a day can be for people like me. I love to live life and I'm sure the celebrities that I share this day with. First, with Filipina actress, singer and hot mom Jennylyn Mercado. May 15 is also the birthday of American actor/director/wirter Chazz Palminteri and actress Jamie Lynn Sigler of HBO's "The Sopranos" TV series. Athletes like NFL's Ray Lewis and WWE's Farooq (Ron Simmons) and musician Ahmet Zappa were also born on this date. There are still other famous people born on this date as the list goes on.


Deaths. Sadly, two men had died on this date and I chose only two from the list. Earl "the Goat" Manigault, an American basketball player died last 1998 from heart failure. From the HBO TV movie that I watched way back, I admired his shooting and jumping skills that he could reach that top of the backboard to retrieve quarters and dollar bills. And just recently, another good basketball player died. Wayman Tisdale died with yet unknown reasons. Sad...

Observance. Saint Isidore the Labourer's death, the patron saint of farmers, is being celebrated every May 15 to commemorate his goodness towards the poor and animals. Many cities here in the Philippines honors his death since there are many farmers and animal lovers here. Poor as they may but they find hope from this saint.

Last Friday, I celebrated my birthday with my fiancee. She's quite possessive when she said that nobody celebrates my birthday but her. So we ate at a restaurant and met an old friend. 


Every year, I learn different things that I can bring with me in the journey called life. I'm not expecting that my birthday would be celebrated this way but at least we comforted and helped a friend this day.


I brought Nikole for her first photo ops which I will post on a later date. So at 32, I think life will be much more exciting for there will be much more things will come. Until my next Beer Day!

For more information about May 15, please Click Here.


Kapish!



Credits to the original uploader/s of the picture/s shown on this post.


May 15 May 15 Reviewed by Stone-Cold Angel on 1:32 PM Rating: 5
Powered by Blogger.